1. Applicants must be individuals between the ages of 8 and 18.
Organizations, groups and charities are not eligible.
2. Applicants must reside in New York State within our service area. We accept applicants from the following Counties: Wayne, Monroe, Ontario, Seneca, Yates, Livingston, Steuben, Thompkins, Schuyler, Chemung, Oswego, Onondaga, Cortland, Tioga, Broome, Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence, Oneida, Herkimer, Genesee, Orleans, Wyoming, Alleghany, Cattaraugus, Erie & Niagara.
3. Applicants will be judged based on a review of their business plan, responsiveness, willingness to complete ALL required steps, and overall effort placed into the application process.
4. Applicant’s business plan can be based on an existing business, new business, or idea.
5. Deadline for program entries is June 10th, 2023.
6. Entries to be completed through the online form at www.yesopportunity.com Entry must be complete – incomplete entries will not qualify for review. Paper entries will not be accepted.
7. Finalists will be notified by June 17th, 2023, and invited to present their business to the YES! Directors committee on June, 25th, 2022.
8. Winners will be notified by July 1st, 2023.
9. Up to $2,000.00 in Scholarship money will be awarded.
10. Up to three 12-month Business Mentorships will be awarded.
11. Awarded Scholarships must be used to further the business or business idea.